Is your organization thriving because it’s effective at managing emergency situations? These are crisis situations that leave your team working overtime to find a solution before the worst outcome occurs. While being an emergency solver is a good thing, it’s rarely the best for your organization. Rather, organizations simply need to focus on preventing this type of claims crisis from reaching an emergency level.
What’s shocking is that you don’t have to do all that much to minimize the risk that a claims crisis terms worrisome. There are two very important preventative steps to take to reduce these risks.
Often, claims departments focus on handling the emergency or tackling the immediate problem with a fast solution. They don’t focus on preventing the cause of the problem in the first place. Many times, it is easy to focus on the problem solver when hiring a specialist, for example, than to find the person that can actually ensure the worst doesn’t occur. Instead, let’s focus on the cause of the crisis to prevent further risk.
How to Prevent the Worst: It’s Not as Difficult as You Believe
There are two big areas to focus on specifically: Operational assessment and electronic document management. How often are these “problems” at the heart of your day? How much time and money do you spend on solving immediate situations rather than ensuring a solid foundation of success?
Once you put in place the right operational organization, through assessment and electronic document management, much of the turmoil your organization is experiencing virtually melts away.
How many times do you hear or say statements like these?
- “We’ve always done it this way!”
- “It’s always worked like this before. Why change now?”
If you are making these statements, there’s likely potential for change present. Change in any organization is a good thing. The first step is to take a thorough assessment of how your organization is functioning. Often, as third party administrators, our goal is to focus on the task at hand. But, often, technology, innovation, or best practices can help to improve the way the operation is run.
- Assess your operation from a third-party point-of-view on a routine basis, at least one time per quarter.
- Identify which repetitive tasks you and your staff handle on a daily basis? Evaluate how these tasks be streamlined and measured? Leverage technology offered to improve your business operations?
- Document what the organization’s common stressors are? What keeps you up at night?
- Implement changes, track their success, and make modifications to improve further.
Electronic Document Management
Fitting right in with operational assessment is the need to have in place a reliable electronic document management. In fact, it generally resolves the underlying cause of your problems immediately upon being put into place. Third party administration organizations can rely on an electronic document management system for a wide range of benefits:
- Integrating existing business applications with just one click.
- Eliminate storage and courier costs.
- Enhance customer experience.
- Simplify access to all documents, minimizing those emergency situations of being unable to track or respond fast enough.
- Automate document workflow – tracking and accountability immediately improve.
Treeno Software’s Document Management Solution offers the ease and innovation your organization needs to achieve this and much more.
Take a closer look at how making a few changes right now can change the way your business succeeds.